Why do some necklaces sell faster than others?????

Words by Jesse Gee
Photographs by Ken Francis



I'm always asked my crafts men and women why I think some of their work sits in the store for a long time and others fly out before you can say "handmade."

First of all I always tell them that each piece has it's owner and is just waiting for them to come by and take them home.

Also, materials and composition plays a big part.

I enjoy gold-filled rather than vermeil parts and clasps. So does, our in-house designer Jesus Guevera .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He found that his pieces take on a richer look and can be combined with 14k and 18k jewelry . Also the length of a necklace can make it more attractive. I find that all my petite and short customers love 16" to 17" lengths. They always say " It's so nice to find a piece of jewelry that fits me properly as soon as I put it on. As, do my tall women who need the opera length of 30", to feel comfortable.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I found this new stone called Lodolite for this beautiful multi strand necklace . Its from Brazil and in Portuguese the word LODO means mud. It's not rutilated quartz but minerals and fossilized mud inside of quartz. The length will insure its sale because of its comfortable 30" length.

One of my favorite customers bought a 16" necklace from me for an expensive gown she already owned. It was a 16" blue fresh water pearl and blue topaz necklace with a great double clasp.
She said she got so drunk at the wedding she came home and could not get the necklace off because it fit so perfectly. She said the next day she got up and still could not get the necklace off and called out to her husband to come into the bathroom and help her get it off. He gasped at her standing there with nothing else on but the blue pearls. Needless to say she never returned it and told me whenever she wants a romantic time , she reaches or that 16" blue pearl necklace.


Photobucket
A short necklace made of Opals, Labradorite and Fluorite

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOVE LETTER TO ALL MY CLIENTS AND NEIGHBOR'S

SPECIAL THINGS DESERVE SPECIAL PEOPLE

MADE IN U.S.A. ????????????