new yorks east village fall 2009

A big hello from New York's Lower east side.
Fall 2009 is filled with fresh ideas and combinations to outlive what the banks and real estate industry have landed on us.
OUCH!!!!!!
I sit here with a gallery full of crofters that are running to other states, adjusting their balance sheets, cutting corners and are creating ----new corners.
Artist need to work and regurgitate their ideas . Money has nothing to do with what we do or who we are.
I am so proud of the people I represent.
I am going to share some of the advice I gave to all of them this fall .

#1 Look at what you do right ,then, keep doing that.
#2 Don't worry about someone or corporation taking your idea. Photo and mail documentation is the poor mans copyright.
You will come up with more ideas.
#3 Business is driven by cash , not love , so price one thing for cash and the other for love.
#4 Art, has nothing to do with cash -so- do it for the sake of the work - not for the cash.
#5 Take pride in your product-returns and repair are also part of your product .
and last but not least
#6 remember that Galleria J.Antonio will always be here for you.
I am committed to my work , my reputation , and the magic of keeping this place here for the people of New York
Tell your friends to appy: I am thristy for new crafters all the time.
Galleria J.Antonio 212 505-9400
A big hug Jesse Gee

Jesse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOVE LETTER TO ALL MY CLIENTS AND NEIGHBOR'S

SPECIAL THINGS DESERVE SPECIAL PEOPLE