DIANA VREELAND-- YOUR MISSED

I 'm in the middle of a new collection here at GALLERIA J ANTONIO  .
I get a wave of nostalga as I bring out my new collection  of Walrus Tusk Jewelry to the floor.

I remember the days on Madison Ave when all the jewelers sold the big - Ivory cuffs from RAJA INC .

Of course fashion and animal murder were merged and I was one of the first to stop selling Ivory at
816 Madison Ave and switched to Cow Bone, Walrus Tusk , and Boars Tusk --as well as plastics that had the look of Ivory .
 Diane Vreeland lived in her Ivory cuffs . The bigger the better .
  In the 70's ,Vogue had spread after spread every summer with Ivory Accessories , dripping next to Linen outfits.

I ran into Diana Vreeland upstairs near the Mike Todd room one summer night at Studio 54 .  I went over to her and knew her entourage would stop me so  I yelled out " Mrs Vreeland  !!!!  I am Jesse , I worked for Bob Gindi for years !!!    Bob's name got her to  stop and I had that majic moment to get her attention.  I followed, by saying
 "  I no longer work for BoB Gindi   .  I opened my own accessory shop J. Antonio- 39 Christopher Street Greenwich Village.  I would like to invite you to see my work .  "

 As I handed her my card she looked me stright in the eye and said "  The stu -dant (french accent)  learns from his master , and then he thinks he knows more than the master.  Is this the case ?   I quickly answered "  The studant learned , and surpassed the master because I also learned from his mistakes
 I took the best of GINDI  and made it better "

I waited years for her to show up or at least pass by my window, but , I never saw her again .

Oh well !!!!!
I want to belive that ,Diana Vreeland & Arthur Cook (Bergdorf Goodman Exective) and who lived accross the street, stood in my window and liked what they saw.

It's 2013 and I still hope clients stop by my window, and like, what they see
 and on occasion

BUY . BUY  BUY!
Mrs Vreeland your taste and energy are missed in the world of accessiories.
You inspired me then , now and forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOVE LETTER TO ALL MY CLIENTS AND NEIGHBOR'S

SPECIAL THINGS DESERVE SPECIAL PEOPLE