I WELCOME CHANGE BUT THESE DAYS IM PERPLEXED

My, how things have changed
 When I first started Galleria J Antonio the east village still had pink haired punks .
Memory was something you lost with age
An application was for employment
A program was a T.V. Show  ( I love Smash)
A virus was the flu
a CD was a bank instrument at E.A.B. 50 Ave A
A cursor used profanity   and----
A hard drive was a long trip on the road.



I recently met Robbie Robinson ( google her ) , she and I talked about Pat Cleveland , Beverly Johnson , & Susan Taylor (Essence Magazine) -we both had spicy stories about  them & Studio 54 and and how it was on the fashion cat walk in the 70's  and 80's .

It inspired me to go back to Madison Ave ,where I learned my craft at
GINDI  816 Madison Ave @68th street.
Peggy Mellon , Mrs Charles Revson (Lynn) and Mrs Kissinger ( Nancy) graced the Avenue on occasion and bought from the merchants direct , not on line or through their housekeepers.
The Ave has changed but the beautiful windows still bring a special charm to your eyes.
MALO still has my old store Incorporated into itself and it just felt good to know my scratch on the sidewalk is still there.  Ha -ha .

The one thing that does not change is that women still want to look beautiful and buy things to adorn themselves and their homes that say

: I am an individual, not a corporate  BILLBOARD.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently started making silver jewelry that used hot glass ,rather than stones.  WoW!!!!!
 The colors are vivid and new .  The medium alive with possibilities.  Come by and see the new lamp made from 1920"s  billiard balls and stainless steel.

Jesus is in the middle of creating a new line of ceramic sculptures and housewares .  You got to see the clock he gave birth to .
Remember that things might change but my love for all of yous that have been loyal to buying small AMERICAN products will never ever change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOVE LETTER TO ALL MY CLIENTS AND NEIGHBOR'S

SPECIAL THINGS DESERVE SPECIAL PEOPLE